The Gleaner

Filed under Features

Rock the Rafters

Back to Article
Back to Article

Rock the Rafters

Dancers were rockin’ it at Rock the Rafters, a dance showcase recently held by the Wahlert Dance team. The annual showcase held on Jan. 27th,  was a fundraiser for the Wahlert Catholic Dance Team.

Each year the dance team invites young dancers from the local area for a fun day of dance and games.  Each age group learned a dance from two Wahlert dancers.

After the campers finished their time with the dance team, a showcase featuring numerous dance studios and other high school teams from the Tri-State Area occurred.

The dance team was proud of it’s successful event.

“Rock the Rafter’s was awesome as usual! For the team, this is the one time we get show our talents beyond Wahlert,” Joey Rauch, ‘19, stated.

According to Kelsey Cook,’20, one of her favorite aspects of the event is the high school dancers interacting with the young campers.

“I loved spending time with the kids during the day and teaching them my passion for dance,” she said.

However, sometimes teaching the littles ones can a be a bit more challenging than expected.

“I was with the kindergarteners, and none of them really knew how to dance,” Sophia Huntington,’19, said. “But it was fun to help them along the way.”

Rock the Rafters has been a fun and entertaining event for many but also a learning experience for the young dancers who attend. The Wahlert Dance Team is hoping to keep the tradition alive for many years to come.