• November 14Operation ELF coming up in December

• November 14Frosh/Soph Plays 12/8-12/9

• November 10Girls Volleyball win 4A state championship

The student news site of Wahlert Catholic High School

The Gleaner

Filed under Features

Students plan to take on Taiwan

June 3 marks the date when 10 students and two parents will get on a plane to Taiwan. “I’m beyond excited to take my class to my hometown to show them my culture and history,” says Ms. Emily Tsai, Wahlert’s Chinese teacher.

Tsai is planning on taking students to Taiwan this summer for a two week trip. Over the course of the two weeks, students will have the opportunity to attend Chinese yo-yo lessons, Chinese traditional painting, knot lessons, Pingxi railway line and more, such as attending the Taipei mass.

As the trip comes closer, Tsai hopes to teach the kids about where she comes from and about her culture. “I hope the kids take away from this trip the experience they have never experienced before. I want them to take what they learn from class and get to see it with their own eyes and experience all the wonderful things they are learning about or will learn about later in my class.”

In contrast, Annie Hermann, ‘18, hopes to take away something a little different then Tsai. “I am most looking forward to the food and more food.”

Although their expectations for the trip might be different, the students are looking forward to their two-week adventure. The travelers will return on June 16th.